Thursday, July 31, 2008

Sienna's Miracle Quilt

This quilt was made for Ashlee, my cousin, and her baby, Sienna, in June 2008. It's called a miracle quilt because each square is 1 1/2 in. finished. It was actually pretty easy to piece. It's just a series of "four patches", which is just four squares sewn together and then four of those four patches sewn together, and so on. It's a easy way to make sure your corners match up, instead of trying to match up really long strips. My other favorite thing about this quilt is that I got to use some scraps of my favorite fabrics.
The quilting is called shadowing or echoing, I think. I just sewed 1/4 in. (a quilter's favorite measurement) from the edge of each corner. I've decided that I love to make baby quilts. It's also becoming very apparent that I like piecing squares.

2 comments:

  1. I like your post. It is good to see you verbalize from the heart and clarity on this important subject can be easily observed... ucdm

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was just browsing along and came upon your blog. just wanted to say good blog and this article really helped me. a course in miracles authors

    ReplyDelete

JUNE Cross Plus Charity Spotlight & Block Construction

UPDATE: This month we raised $557 for RAICES Texas. Our quilt winner is Linda Costello!! It's June. Yes, I skipped May. It was a non-s...